Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lean On Me

Rob and I have decided to do a little "lean" challenge. 


This is a personal diet challenge where we set a goal of eating lean for 1 week beginning Wed., August 18.
Our diet rules are pretty simple:
  • No alcohol
  • No red meat
  • No soda
  • No sugary candy
  • No cheese
  • Reduce carbs
  • Reduce liquid calories

So that's the skinny or leanness. Nothing too complicated. We'll throw in exercise as much as possible but leaning out for a week was the primary goal. 
You're welcome to join in. Or, better yet, start your own!

In the meantime, check out Bill Withers and Lean on Me. Tune into this while you're grinding it out on the treadmill or trekking down some dirty trail!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! No cheese?! You're killin' me, Tim. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I didn't stay on this lean out diet completely but I did try to stick pretty close to it. And it worked. Or something worked. I lost 9.8 lbs so I'm going to kick it up a notch this week.

    What I did well
    -reduce liquid calories
    -reduce red meat
    -no sweets
    -increase exercise

    What I messed up
    -not totally dropping liquid calories
    -not dropping cheese out totally
    -need more exercise
    need more lean calories
    -need to eat more meals more often (smaller calories, portions)

    Hard Core Lean Out! It's time.

    ReplyDelete