Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A short period of gluttony can have a lasting impact - latimes.com

Late night trips to McDonalds for an ice cream or jaunts thru Taco Bell. Guilty? "Overeating for just four weeks can cause changes in body fat composition that last for years, Swedish researchers said Tuesday. The study serves as a warning that even brief periods of increased food consumption -- the first few weeks of college dorm life, a three-week cruise with its all-you-can-eat buffet, the string of parties from Thanksgiving through New Year's, cruising through the Taco Bell as you're leaving Truckee -- should be avoided."


http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-overeating-20100824,0,1808680.story

3 comments:

  1. Nice Tim. Directed at anyone? That's the last time I'm going to let you in on my late night eating expeditions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Busted. Actually, I was "motivated" after gorging on my wife's baked BBQ chicken tonight. Maybe you've heard my Southern euphemism, "full as a tick in a dog kennel?" That's me. You might have played a part in that post but it was more of a cathartic tool for me than poking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but it rang true. I ate at the Bell on my way outta town tonight. Followed it up with a run though, when I got home.

    ReplyDelete